Vulnerability Disclosure and Reward Program
Our security team rapidly investigates all reported security issues. If you believe you’ve discovered a bug in DigitalPay’s security, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as quickly as possible to your report. We request that you not publicly disclose the issue until it has been addressed by DigitalPay.
We understand the hard work that goes into security research. To show our appreciation for researchers who help us keep our users safe, we operate a reward program for responsibly disclosed vulnerabilities. DigitalPay rewards the confidential disclosure of any design or implementation issue that could be used to compromise the confidentiality or integrity of our users’ data (such as by bypassing our login process, injecting code into another user’s session, or instigating action on another user’s behalf).
A minimum reward of $50 USD may be provided for the disclosure of qualifying bugs. At our discretion, we may increase the reward amount based on the creativity or severity of the bugs. If you report a vulnerability that does not qualify under the above criteria, we may still provide a minimum reward of $25 USD if your report causes us to take specific action to improve DigitalPay’s security.
As with most security reward programs, we ask that you use common sense when looking for security bugs. Vulnerabilities must be disclosed to us privately with reasonable time to respond, and avoid compromise of other users and accounts, or loss of funds that are not your own. We do not reward denial of service, spam, or social engineering vulnerabilities. Although DigitalPay itself and all services offered by DigitalPay are eligible, vulnerabilities in third-party applications that use DigitalPay are not.
As with most security reward programs, there are some restrictions:
- We will only reward the first person to responsibly disclose a bug to us
- Any bugs that are publicly disclosed without providing us a reasonable time to respond will not be rewarded
- Whether to reward the disclosure of a bug and the amount of the reward is entirely at our discretion, and we may cancel the program at any time
- WordPress vulnerabilities will be rewarded if and only if they include the ability to modify content or show a successful unauthorized login
- Your testing must not violate any laws
- We can’t provide you a reward if it would be illegal for us to do so, such as to residents of countries under current U.S. sanctions